If you are looking for the best formula milk for your baby who is from 0 to 6 months old, you've come to the right place. Breastmilk is nature's perfect baby food. But if you can’t breastfeed, or if you’ve chosen not to, formula milk is the next best thing. Scientists and medical experts have spent years developing high-quality formula milks that will provide your baby with the nutrition she needs
When you’re deciding which is the best milk powder for your baby, you will need to take several factors into consideration. Think about her health and dietary needs, her age, and the cost and preparation time of different formula milks.
- cow’s milk-based formula
- hydrolysed protein formula
- soya-based formula
Best Infant Formula USA 2023
Best Formula Milk for Baby 0-6 Months (Summary)
- Similac Pro-Advance Infant Formula with 2'-FL Human Milk Oligosaccharide (HMO) for Immune Support | Check Price on Amazon
- Enfamil NeuroPro Baby Formula, Brain and Immune Support with DHA, Iron and Prebiotics, Infant formula | Check Price on Amazon
- Similac Pro-Advance Non-GMO Infant Formula with Iron | Check Price on Amazon
- Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease Baby Formula | Check Price on Amazon
- Similac Pro-Sensitive Non-GMO Infant Formula with Iron, with 2’-FL HMO, for Immune Support | Check Price on Amazon
- Earth's Best Organic Dairy Infant Powder Formula with Iron, Omega-3 DHA and Omega-6 ARA | Check Price on Amazon
- HiPP Anti-Reflux Special Milk Formula | Buy Now
- Baby's Only Organic Gentle Dairy Toddler Formula | Check Price on Amazon
- Kendamil Goat Milk Formula Stage 1 | Buy Now
- Holle A2 Stage 1 Organic Baby Formula | Buy Now
- Bobbie Organic Infant Formula | Buy Now
- Enspire Gentlease | Check Price on Amazon
1. Best Overall Baby Formula: Similac Pro-Advance Infant Formula with 2'-FL Human Milk Oligosaccharide (HMO) for Immune Support (1.29 lb)
Similac Pro-Advance Infant Formula with 2'-FL Human Milk Oligosaccharide (HMO) for Immune Support, 23.2 ounces > Check Price on Amazon
This Similac baby milk formula has more than 7,000 customer reviews (4.8 out of 5 rating) and is the no. 4 best seller in the powder baby formula category of Amazon Best Sellers.
This baby formula is designed for babies from 0-6 months and 6-12 months old.
Featured as 'Best overall baby formula' by Babylist:
This one covers all the basic considerations. It’s made with something called 2’-FL Human Milk Oligosaccharide—HMO for short—an immune-system nourishing prebiotic similar to one found in breast milk. (HMO is important because it feeds good bacteria to the gut, where the majority of the immune system exists.) There’s also nutrients that support brain development, eye health and developing cells. Similac Pro-Advance is also non-GMO and contains no artificial growth hormones.
Similac is also the #1 brand of baby formula chosen by hospitals, so there’s a good chance that if you’re using formula from day one (or even just supplementing), the hospital where you deliver may have some samples to help get you started.
More about the baby milk formula
- #1 BRAND FOR IMMUNE SUPPORT*: Similac Pro-Advance is the first infant formula with 2’- FL HMO** designed to be closer than over to breast milk. (*IQVIA ProVoice Survey 12 months ending February 2020; **not from human milk)
- NO ARTIFICIAL GROWTH HORMONES: Similac is the first leading infant formula brand with no artificial growth hormones (No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rbST-treated and non-rbST-treated cows)
- REDUCED FUSSINESS: Parents reported reduced fussiness, gassiness, and spit-up after 1 day (After switching to Similac Pro-Advance)
- TRUSTED: Similac is the #1 infant formula brand chosen by moms* and the #1 brand fed in hospitals (*total US infant formula all outlets as of 3/31/18, Nielsen data)
- BRAIN & EYE DEVELOPMENT: Our exclusive blend of DHA, Lutein, and Vitamin E – nutrients also found in breast milk – helps support baby’s overall growth and brain and eye development
2. Enfamil NeuroPro Baby Formula, Brain and Immune Support with DHA, Iron and Prebiotics, Infant formula
- MFGM and DHA - NeuroPro is the only formula that has a fat-protein blend of MFGM and DHA, previously only found in breast milk
- BRAIN-BUILDING NUTRITION - Get brain building nutrition inspired by breast milk from Enfamil
- SUPPORT FOR YOUR INFANT - Complete nutrition for babies through 12 months, easy-to-digest proteins and dual prebiotics for immune health
- No.1 PEDIATRICIAN RECOMMENDED INFANT FORMULA - The No.1 trusted brand for brain-building & immune support
- SNAP ELIGIBLE - Eligible to be purchased with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits
3. Similac Pro-Advance Non-GMO Infant Formula with Iron
Similac Pro-Advance Non-GMO Infant Formula with Iron, with 2’-FL HMO, for Immune Support, Baby Formula, Powder, (One-Month Supply), 2.25 Pound (Pack of 3) > Check Price on Amazon
More about the baby milk formula
- 2'FL HMO (Human Milk Oligosaccharide) adds another layer to Similac’s already proven immune support
- DHA, Lutein, and Vitamin E for Brain & Eye Development
- Highly recommended by mothers
- No Artificial Growth Hormones
- Backed by more than 15 years of extensive research
4. Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease Baby Formula
- Emerging evidence from a recent clinical study showed MFGM in formula supports cognitive development similar to breast milk
- #1 trusted brand for brain-building & immune support
- Get brain building nutrition inspired by breast milk from the formula brand that's #1 recommended by Pediatricians
- For easing fussiness, gas and crying within 24 hours
- The only formula that has a fat-protein blend of MFGM and DHA, previously only found in breast milk
- Complete nutrition for babies through 12 months, easy-to-digest proteins and dual prebiotics for immune health
- Best formula to prevent constipation
5. Similac Pro-Sensitive Non-GMO Infant Formula with Iron, with 2’-FL HMO, for Immune Support
- Similac Pro-Sensitive is the first infant formula for sensitive tummies with 2’-FL HMO;(Based on Pediatrician Recommendations and IQVIA ProVoice Survey 12 months ending February 2020; not from human milk)
- VALUE SIZE/SUBSCRIBE and SAVE: 1 Can provides 55% more powder than the 1.41-lb container; 3 cans provide a one-month supply or 189 4-fl-oz bottles; Choose Subscribe and Save for additional savings and convenience
- FOR SENSITIVE TUMMIES: Designed for fussiness and gas due to lactose sensitivity; Not for infants or children with galactosemia
- IMMUNE SUPPORT: Similac Pro-Sensitive is the first infant formula with 2’-FL human milk oligosaccharide (Not from human milk)
- TRUSTED: Similac is the No.1 infant formula brand chosen by moms and the No.1 brand fed in hospitals (total US infant formula all outlets as of 3/31/18, Nielsen data)
- OptiGRO: Our exclusive blend of DHA, Lutein, and Vitamin E, nutrients also found in breast milk, help support baby’s brain and eye development
- Eligible to be purchased with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits
- In select stores; The SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assurance Program) name is a service mark of the U.S. Department of Agriculture;USDA does not endorse any goods, services, or enterprises
6. Earth's Best Organic Dairy Infant Powder Formula with Iron, Omega-3 DHA and Omega-6 ARA
- Organic formula that is easy to digest and nutritionally complete for baby's first twelve months
- All lactose milk based powder formulation; our closest formula to breast milk, no added corn syrup solids
- Omega 3 DHA and Omega 6 ARA fatty acids naturally found in breast milk to support brain and eye development, Iron for healthy development
- With Lutein for Eyes and Prebiotic Fructo-oligosaccharides for Immunity
- Non-GMO ingredients and Kosher; Made without prohibited synthetic pesticides and fertilizers. No artificial growth hormones
HiPP Anti-Reflux (AR) is made with locust bean (carob bean) gum. This makes the formula thicker, easier to keep down, and prevents regurgitation.
- For babies that struggle with spitting up their formula, acid reflux, or regurgitation.
- Contains prebiotics and probiotics : With these ingredients, the baby's gut is populated with healthy flora that is vital to their immune system.
- Added Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids that are part of brain and heart health.
- Made from skim milk to be easier to digest
- No starch added
- Fortified with vitamins to create a healthy immune system
- Constantly checked to make sure it meets the highest legal, safety and nutritional requirements
- Instant preparation, ready in minutes. Just add boiled water and shake well
- Made from only organic or naturally farmed ingredients and milk from grazing cows.
- No added glucose, fructose, sucrose, corn syrup, or rice syrup
My daughter was not tolerating ANY formula. After a trip to the emergency room, we found out that she has a milk allergy. The physician at the hospital told us to feed her soy formula! We saw our pediatrician the next day and she was appalled that the hospital doctor told us to feel her soy! She recommended a formula and even gave us samples. First two days were okay, after that, my daughter projectile vomited after every feed. HiPP was recommended to us by a friend. I did a ton of research because I had never heard of it before. IT HAS CHANGED OUR LIVES!!! It doesn’t have the stench that every other formula we tried had, it has no odor! It is the only formula my daughter has tolerated and she loves it! THANK YOU!! Super fast shipping as well. THANK YOU!!!
5/5 - 54 ratings
- Whey & Dairy Protein with DHA & ARA
- Non-GMO | USDA Organic | Clean Label Project Verified
- Our Whey & Dairy with Organic DHA & ARA is formulated with a protein and carbohydrate composition more like that of breast milk to supports brain & eye development
- Added organic whey protein powder.
- Rated "Best in Class" by CleanLabelProject for purity & nutritional superiority
- Our DHA and ARA is hexane free, unlike the DHA and ARA derived from algae or fungus sources
- Made in the U.S.A.
Before ordering LactoRelief I called Nature's One to inquire about the amount of lactose in it. They said it's less than 1%-that's a big difference! I ordered it right away & our son has been on it ever since. His remaining gastric issues cleared up almost immediately & he's now 3 months old & doing terrific. We'll keep using this formula until he no longer needs formula.
4.6 out of 5 - 2,470 global ratings
Buy on Amazon
Why choose Kendamil Goat milk formula instead of the Kendamil cow milk formula? Goat milk is easier to digest than cow milk and the A2 milk makes the formula easier for infants to absorb. The added HMOs make this Goat milk formula different than the other options on the market as well.
- For newborns 0-6 months old
- You can supplement breastmilk with Kendamil Goat or use it alongside.
- Produced in the United Kingdom
- The selenium and natural prebiotics found in Kendamil Goat milk formula are similar to breastmilk, boosting your baby's immune system.
- Made with 100% full cream goat's milk that is loaded with prebiotics.
- Kendamil is rich in vitamins—such as iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin D
- Organic Prebiotics from whole A2 Goat Milk
- No Palm Oil (Coconut Oil instead)
- No added sugars or synthetic preservatives
- No Fish Oil, plant based DHA instead
- No wheat, soy, maltodextrin or peanut ingredients
- Omega-3 and 6 LCPs (DHA & ARA) for brain development (without hexane extraction)
- Main Carbohydrate is lactose
Holle A2 cow milk formula is created from 99% organic ingredients. All European milk comes from herds raised on biodynamic, Demeter farms. In these farms, cows are treated in sustainable and appropriate environments. Cows graze in lush biodynamic pastures and are never dehorned.
- For newborns 0-6 months old
- EU Organic Certified
- No preservatives, soy, sugar, maltodextrin, or GMOs used.
Why choose A2 protein for your baby formula?
The proline found in A2 milk prevents BCM 7 from reaching your baby's body. This means baby's who may experience discomfort, inflammation, and digestive issues benefit from a simple switch to an A2 protein milk. Holle A2 cow milk gives babies a chance to continue drinking cow's milk, without having to try alternative goat's milk formulas.
- It contains water-extracted (not hexane-extracted) DHA to help support brain development.
- Bobbie is one of the only U.S. formulas meeting both European & U.S. requirements for iron.
- All infant formulas are required to go through strict manufacturing procedures.
- Bobbie contains highly refined coconut oil, which does not contain allergens.
- Bobbie is not suitable for premature infants or infants with allergies to milk or soy.
- No palm oil, no corn syrup
- Non-GMO (ingredients not genetically engineered)
- No Maltodextrin
- No added natural or artificial flavors and colors (like all infant formulas)
Enfamil Enspire is touted as the most similar milk formula to breast milk because it has Lactoferrin, unlike Neuro Pro. It contains hydrolysed milk proteins, making it easier to digest. Lactoferrin helps support the microbiome and prevents gastrointestinal infections. It is certified to be non-GMO.
It uses cow’s milk. It is also enriched with various plant-based ingredients to provide complete nutrition for your baby. However, since it contains cow’s milk and soy, it is not suitable for babies who are allergic to such ingredients.
Main ingredients : nonfat milk, whey protein-lipid concentrate, whey protein concentrate, lactose, and vegetable oil (which consists of coconut oil, soy oil, high oleic sunflower oil, and palm oil).
Added vitamins and minerals, lactoferrin, polydextrose, galactooligosaccharides, crypthecodiniumcohnii oil, and mortierellaalpina oil.
Polydextrose is a soluble fiber that usually acts as a sweetener for sugar-free and diabetic recipes. Unlike sugar, polydextrose doesn’t significantly increase the caloric count of the infant formula.
Enspire Gentlease Review : 4.6 out of 5 - 797 global ratings on Amazon
Adopted a newborn baby boy and this is the formula I decided to use because of the added "colostrum" type properties! As a farmer, we always use a colostrum type of formula at first for baby animals that don't get to nurse from mom. Didn't try this for our newborn until he was brought home at 4 days old, but he did excellent on it! He was Jaundice and I felt he still could benefit from a formula with the colostrum type properties. No spitting up at all! And the gas he had from the hospital's Similac formula, totally stopped after a full day on the Enspire! He used up the entire container after 10 days... (big baby, big eater). He was also cleared of his Jaundice at his 1st checkup! I switched him to the Enfamil Neuro-Pro Gentlease now that I don't feel the need for the extra "colostrum" benefit. He made the switch with ease and is now doing great on that too! But definitely a great 1st formula! I'm a foster mom and will definitely keep this on hand and use this with any newborn placements I get... as long as they don't have any specific dietary needs!!
Alert: Recall on Similac Formula 2022
PediaSure products are not intended for infants younger than 1 year of age. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, infants under a year old should be breastfed or fed an iron-fortified infant formula.