If your baby is reacting badly to infant formula milk, one possible cause is because they are suffering from cows' milk allergy or lactose intolerance.
Cows' milk allergy is one of the most common allergies for babies. Most formula milk contains cows' milk, which isn't recommended as a drink for children under the age of 1. This allergy usually starts when your baby is first exposed to cow's milk. However, most children grow out of the allergy by the time they reach the age of 5.
Babies with lactose intolerance cannot digest lactose properly. This lactose will build up in the gut and attract water which produces diarrhoea. Infants may face this problem because they may not be producing enough lactase yet, causing them to be unable to digest lactose. Lactose intolerance is usually temporary for babies or young children.
Therefore, for babies with lactose intolerance or cow's milk allergies, it may be a good idea to get lactose free formula milk. In this article, we will list some of the best lactose free milk brands you can find in Malaysia.
2. Enfamil Lactofree Care / Enfalac Lactose Free
4. Miwako A+ - Suitable for Children 1-6 Years Old with Diarrhea or Allergies to Dairy and Soy
- Complete nutrition plant-based formula milk (enriched with essential nutrients and vitamins)
- Allergic friendly (No added with Dairy / Lactose / Soy / Gluten / Egg / Peanut / Nut)
- Made from millet, quinoa & germinated brown rice
- No Added Sugar
- GABA from germinated brown rice for emotion management & cognitive development
- Choline & Omega 3 for healthy brain development & nerve development
- Rich in protein and dietary fibre
- FOS prebiotic & dietary fiber for gut health
- Highly digestible (less colic)
- Pure natural vanilla powder
- No preservative, artificial colouring & flavouring
- Vegan Friendly : Suitable for vegan to consume
Out of stock? Find on Lazada
8. Similac Soy Isomil | For Babies Who Cannot Digest Cow's Milk Proteins
Isomil Lactose Free Milk Price
RM77.90, 850g - Shopee
RM77.00, 850g - Shopee